Director of Sales
Ritual Brewing Co. is seeking an experienced sales professional with a passion for great beer to lead our sales team in Southern California.
Ritual Brewing Co., located in Redlands, CA opened in 2012 and is led by a team with decades of combined craft beer and business experience. Our 23,000 square foot brewery features a custom 30 BBL brewhouse and continues to grow rapidly.
Our Director of Sales’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading a team of six sales and support staff, Interfacing with our network of distributors, managing chain relationships, developing new business for Ritual Brewing Co. in both on and off premise channels, leading expansion of our network of distributors regionally, identifying and assisting with the planning and organization of Ritual’s participation in events such as craft beer / brewer’s festivals and charity events, setting goals and ensuring they are met, coordination with production and marketing for several upcoming new beer releases.
A passion for excellent craft beer is a must. Plan on learning something new each day and using it to cultivate raving fans. We are looking for motivated, fun and creative people that infect others with their passion for craft beer and are connected to the craft beer community.
The ideal candidate will possess a track record of leading and managing sales reps and growing strong relationship with distributors and chain buyers. Professional sales experience and a track record of strong sales growth is a must. Expect to spend a significant amount of time in the field interfacing directly with Ritual reps and key contacts. If this sounds like a great gig and you meet our requirements we’d like to meet you.
- The Sales Team at Ritual works hard and plays hard; you will be expected to keep up in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment while maintaining focus and a slightly warped sense of humor
- Knowledge of Craft Beer is a must! A familiarity with Craft Beer and the industry is required. Industry experience, whether working in Craft Beer sales and distribution, Craft Beer-centric hospitality establishments, or a brewery, is preferred.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction both independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to speak confidently and professionally in front of groups while conducting tastings, training and promotions
- Passionate work ethic and a demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
- Collaborate directly with the brewery’s co-founders to establish target account lists including placement priorities, volume projections and incentive programs for reps
- Drive the development and deployment of POS materials and ensure proper merchandising is carried out
- Work with brewery reps to plan and execute On-Premise promotions as required (This will include participation at some evening events and weekend festivals)
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key accounts both On and Off-Premise
- Track and monitor progress in all territories while meeting / exceeding set goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
- Dedicated sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- Sound judgment and professional maturity
- Excellent problem-solving skills and mathematically proficient with the ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation and above average common sense. Travel throughout the Southern California region is required. Some out of state travel may be required as well.
- Knowledge of draught systems, basic beer merchandising and POS placement are desirable
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Forward your cover letter telling us why you are the person for this job along with your resume to [email protected]. Please indicate “Director of Sales Position” in the subject line.
Ritual Brewing Co. offers competitive compensation with an aggressive performance compensation plan and bonuses. Individuals are encouraged to grow their passion, knowledge and skills in an effort to become more valuable to the company, therefore becoming eligible for compensation increases and promotions. Benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, Paid Time Off and Holidays.
Employment is subject to background check, drug screening and physical examination.
It is the policy of Ritual Brewing Co. to afford equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, political preference or veteran status.
Ritual Brewing Co. is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Ritual Brewing Co. reserves the right to revise the job or to require different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant, including but not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments
Deadline to apply is Monday January 29, 2018