We are looking for a Packaging / Cellar Assistant for our brewery in beautiful Redlands, CA.
The ideal candidate is a hard-working, team-oriented, good-natured individual with a strong sense of urgency, mechanical aptitude, and ability to use the proper tools and machinery safely. Duties will include lots of cleaning of equipment, kegs and other areas of the brewery, CIP of fermentation tanks and transfer of beer, grain removal, assistance with the kegging and bottling of beer (while monitoring quality standards), quality assurance of packaged cases, troubleshooting machinery, driving a forklift, and keeping the cellar and packaging area clean and safe.
The ideal candidate will:
…demonstrate a passion for great craft beer
…possess a strong work ethic and outstanding communication skills
…see life with a slightly warped sense of humor
…be available to work flexible schedules including weekend and night shifts
…be punctual and self-motivated with good time management skills
…be comfortable in a fast paced, labor intensive environment (you will sweat!)
You must have a high school diploma and a good driving record. You also must have previous experience working in either warehouse, production, or brewing environments.
It is the policy of Ritual Brewing Co. to afford equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, political preference or veteran status.
Ritual Brewing Co. is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.
Please see our website at ritualbrewing.com for the full job description and information on how to apply for this job.
If you are interested in this position please apply via e-mail only prior to November 11th 2017. Include “Packaging / Cellar Assistant” in the subject line. Send your résumé and cover letter to [email protected]
RITUAL BREWING CO.
JOB TITLE: Packaging / Cellar Assistant
LOCATION: Redlands, CA
POSITION TYPE: Part Time, Hourly Employee
POSITION SUMMARY: Works in the Production Department cleaning equipment and facilities. Will be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment needed to manage yeast, monitor fermentation, and package beer in a variety of containers including kegs and bottles. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed including maintenance of facilities and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains workplace safety while upholding quality standards.
- Cleaning of equipment and brewery facilities.
- Operates CIP (clean in place) system and cellar equipment according to standardized operating procedures.
- Sanitation of all beer contact surfaces and equipment.
- Filtering and transfer of beer; setup and tear-down of hard and soft piping assemblies.
- Operates packaging department equipment.
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Assists with brewing operations including milling of malt, grain out, and cleaning of brewhouse equipment.
- Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs, requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift
- Functions well working in a team environment
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Automated packaging equipment
- Keg cleaning and filling equipment
- Touchscreen machine controls
- Hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
- Milling equipment
- Forklift trucks
- A variety of hand and power tools
- Cleaning agents, sanitizing and other hazardous chemicals
- Limited computer use
- Compressed air or other gasses, including CO2
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Punctual and self-motivated with good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain log sheets and other written information thoroughly and accurately
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery
- An understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other core safety issues
- The ability to safely operate a forklift or willingness to be trained and certified to operate a forklift safely
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot equipment
- Must be available to work flexible schedules including weekend and night shifts
- Must be responsible and dependable
- Must have a slightly warped sense of humor
- Enjoy having fun and making great beer
- Ability to work on your feet; standing and/or walking 8-10 hours a day.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and maneuver a keg (165 lbs)
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewing and packaging facility.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
• The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
• The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
• The noise level in the packaging facilities is frequently loud (80+ dB)
• The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
• The employee works near moving mechanical parts.